Multidisciplinary capabilities in monitoring of environmental pollutants, assessment of human exposure and risks to health and environment due to use of chemicals and new products.
In vivo and in vitro and ex-vivo are available for ecotoxicological evaluation of effluents, using biological species, safety evaluation of plastics and polymers and screening for the dermal, reproductive, immunotoxic, genotoxic, phytotoxic, phototoxic, carcinogenic and mutagenic potential of new chemicals and products can be evaluated.
Toxicity evaluation of biotechnologically engineered products can be undertaken.
A regulatory agencies approved standard protocol based on leachable plastic materials for evaluating the safety of plastic containers used for food, water, transfusion materials and biomedical implants are available.
- Evaluation of ecofriendliness of chemicals and products.
- Identification and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Impact of hazardous industrial chemicals on the health of workers.
- Chemical disaster monitoring.
- Environmental audit.
- Preparation of plans for chemicals disaster management.
- Analysis and measurement of pollutants using sophisticated analytical equipments and specially designed protocols.
- Potable and waste water quality analysis.
- Analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and pesticide residues using state of the art techniques.
- Development of mathematical models for environmental risk assessment.